The 16 of the presidential aspirants paid N40 million each for the nomination and expression of interest forms while the only female aspirant, Oliver Tareila Diana, paid N6 million, based on the party’s policy.
List Of The 17 Aspirants
- Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar
- Sokoto state governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal
- Former president of the Senate, Bukola Saraki
- Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim
- Bauchi state governor, Senator Bala Mohammed
- Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike
- Akwa Ibom state governor, Udom Emmanuel
- Former Anambra state governor, Peter Obi
- Former Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose
- United States-based medical practitioner, Nwachukwu Anakwenze
- Media mogul, Dele Momodu
- Former banker and economist, Mohammed Hayatu-Deen
- Pharmacist Sam Ohuabunwa
- Former Speaker of Abia House of Assembly, Cosmos Ndukwe
- Charles Ugwu,
- Rt Hon Chikwendu Kalu
- Oliver Tareila Diana.
The aspirants will battle for the ticket at the party’s primaries which will take place on these days, May 28-29.